Christmas kisses in Singapore!
Singapore is my quick-break stop. The city with it’s glorious shopping,perfect order and love for tourists always makes me come back again and again and again! Singapore is the only place where an airline executive after checking in with an excess of 32 kgs ( because I just had to shop for an entire room and 20 light fittings) looked at my delighted but now very worried face and charged me an excess of 5 kgs because she ‘understood’ and loved my ‘love for Singapore and it’s incredible shopping!’
Singapore is glorious any time of the year because of its warm weather and it’s vibrant night life! It is also very special because it seems like the city is always celebrating something! From Chinese New Year to Christmas the city is always beautifully decked in lights!
Christmas in Singapore is wonderful….With Xmas trees and more sales than usual Singapore has one of the warmest whitest Christmas’ in Asia! Here are some incredible ideas for your next Singapore trip (if you haven’t done them already!). If you have, like me, maybe you want to do them all over again!
- Go to the zoo! Even if you’ve been to the zoo before! Go to the zoo and breakfast with the chimpanzee…the breakfast is strictly okay- the chimpanzee AWESOME!
- Go the zoo- YES AGAIN! Feed an elephant, pose with birds and even get kissed by a seal if your lucky!
- Go to Sentosa early in the morning and kiss a dolphin and get kissed as well! Yes! Too many kisses! Go on…you know you’d love to get kissed by one! Get kissed by a dolphin!
- Learn how to dive if you haven’t already and sign up to dive with the sharks! It’s amazing the silence and the calm you feel while diving and the incredible marine life at the aquarium takes you back to being a kid again. With wide eyes this experience takes your breath away- quite literally!
- Eat and spend the evening at Clark Quay. With new restaurants and new experiences always opening up, Clark Quay and Boat Quay are always fun places to spend the evening!
- Shop, shop and shop more on Orchard Road ! 22 shopping malls, 5 department stores…over 5000 brands to choose from this is every shopaholics Mecca… And trust me, even if you come to Singapore , not a shopper (like I was)– this city will show you colors and styles that you will want to buy! And so you should!
- Visit Universal Studios! Great fun and you get to be kid for a day …all day!
- Eat at Ku De Ta or get a drink at the Sky Bar!
- Buy a packet of Royce Chocolates…Trust me… there’s nothing in the world like Royce!
- Eat at TWG Tea at high Tea with the sandwiches and the muffins and pastries and definitely, definitely order a Jasmine tea!
My Hotel of Choice is the Marriott!I have stayed at the Four Seasons, the Hyatt and several others but with it’s convenient location at Tangs and it’s large Club rooms and incredible Club lounge with finger licking cocktail snacks and all day service… the Marriott allows me to shop, drop my bags and pick up a cuppa without missing a beat!
Price Factor-: Rooms are between $250- $350! If at the Marriott upgrade to a Club Level suite. The additional amount is definitely well worth it!
Best Times To Travel-: NOW! In fact the weather gets slightly cooler October through to January so expect pleasant evenings with a slight , perfect nip in the air!
Posted on October 3, 2012, in Asia, Personal, Singapore and tagged aquarium, bar, bay, birds, boat, breakfast, chimpanzee, christmas, de, divya, dolphin, elephant, kiss, ku, life, marina, marine, marriott, orchard, palat, parrots, quay, road, sands, sentosa, shopping, singapore, sky, snake, ta, tea, travel, twg, universal, With, with.clark, zoo. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.
South east asia. The only place I have not been able to travel thus far. As always, a very interesting blog post. You two make the cutest couple and click really well together 🙂
Thank you Himanshu… you will absolutely love South East Asia… it’s quick to get to… so make a plan soon and let me help with your itinerary! Pls!
Oh absolutely. There are places I really want to see and discover all over the east side of the world. and besides the popular one’s really want to explore some off the beaten track…
You must… the islands are wonderful in Thailand and the scuba amazing….! Unpronounceable names, with the most breath-taking views!
Sounds a great place
It is!!! 🙂
What about dining options?
Ku de ta for some fabulous fine dining!
The Marriott for more casual options!
And Clark Quay and Boat Quay for fabulous bars and fun restaurants!